Shellharbour City Council has recently granted development consent for the Clover Hill Estate, which fronts Escarpment Drive in Calderwood and is located between Thistle Way and Lomandra Crescent. Development approval for the estate (DA0569/2017) was granted on 8 April 2022 and provides for a three-stage residential subdivision to create 141 residential lots, a habitat enhancement corridor and associated works.
Clover Hill Estate integrates the beauty of nature with the close-knit conveniences of daily living. It is also designed to be a single residence estate only, with a “No Subdivision or Multiple Dwellings” restriction on the title of all lots. Nearby is a large regional playground with high climbing frame, interactive water activities, electric barbeques, and room to run or ride. Calderwood Golf Course is right around the corner along with proposed schools and local shopping facilities and a soon-to-be complete tavern.
We are pleased to update the community on the following key points:
- Project Website – www.cloverhillestate.com.au has been recently launched to share information on the estate, the land being offered for sale, its location, key lifestyle offerings and the sales agent’s contact details. The website also provides handy links where interested parties can download the sales contract, BAL maps, and subdivision plans with contours.
- Marketing Theme – Clover Hill Estate is inspired by the local dairy farming history which dates to the 1800s, and its new streets, Dolly Circuit, Shamrock Rise, Amy Crescent and Silky Grove, are named after prized dairy cows from Albion Park.
- Construction – The project will be built in three stages. There will be minimal disturbance to the surrounding environment as the estate can be built offline with no impact to Escarpment Drive. There will be a strong focus on environmental protection including the important stand of mature Eucalypts in the forest reserve and minimising impacts like dust, noise and vibration during construction.
- Timing – Construction of roads, drainage and services for the first two stages (which will be carried out in short succession of each other) is expected to take 8 to 12 months to complete and will produce 115 lots. This will allow purchasers to complete their contracts and get ready for the building phase. Building should take another 6 to 8 months which will see the first residents moving into the estate next year.
- Sales Process – Sales will be through an online auction process which will allow everyone to have the opportunity to buy land at the estate. The first release of lots is scheduled for May 2022 and details will be provided on the project website which will be regularly updated.